Attention Wilton Flag Football Coaches
ALL parents who would like to be a Head Coach or Assistant coach MUST complete the Coach Certifications and Registration Process outlined below. Please be sure to save all your confirmation numbers and certificates on your desktop because you will be entering and uploading them in step 2 on the WYF website:
1. BACKGROUND CHECK (ALL COACHES)
To submit your background check please go to: http://coeusglobal.com/yfbca_wiltonyf.html
- WYF will pay for the cost of the background check directly unless you click the box to choose to pay for it yourself. There will be no reimbursements should you click the wrong box.
- Please write down the 6 digit number that you will be assigned at the end of the background check process. You will need this number as proof of performance to enter in step 4 below.
- If you complete the background check but do not have a confirmation number, enter "LOOK UP" in the WYF Coach Registration in Step 2 below.
- If you already completed the background check as part of your Tackle Coach registration, enter "TACKLE" in the confirmation number field on the WYF Coach Registration in step 2.
2. Register on the WYF website and enter all the above certification information. (ALL COACHES)
Here is the link to register as a Flag coach and to enter all your certification information on the WYF website:
- When entering dates on the WYF Coach Registration, please use two digits for the year instead of four digits. (8/1/17 instead of 8/1/2017).
- If you are a parent of a player or are in the system from prior years of involvement, there is no need to re-enter all your information. Log into your profile using your email address and follow the directions on the prompts for registering/logging in. Please do not duplicate your profile. If you don't have a profile and you do have players, ask your spouse to add you as a parent/guardian of your player(s). Directions are in the HOW TO pages.
- Please be sure your member information page includes your Date of Birth or you will not be able to register as a coach. If you do need to add your date of birth, be sure to click on "submit" and then go back to this email with the link and try again. NOTE: Your Date of Birth in your PROFILE has a 4 digit year (1/1/1956)
- If you no longer have access to your profile because of an email address change, please contact
3. Register at USA Football for the Flag Football Coaching Agreement and Flag Certification Coaching Course. Here is the link for Coaches http://www.nflflag.com/register it takes approximately 90 minutes to complete the Coaching Certification and Questionnaire. The coupon code for the certification course is NFLFLAG19, that way there is no charge for the course. Make sure that you associate yourself with our Wilton Youth Football League so the Certification course is free. It is very important that all coaches are NFL Flag Certified, please email the Wilton Flag Football Commissioner a copy of your certification upon completion.
1. When you click on the link it will ask you to select your State and your League, fill in the blanks to register. After you register you will need to take the Flag Certification Coaching Course, which is a series of videos and questionnaires. Make sure you are associated with the Wilton Youth Football League so their is no charge for the Certification course. Once you pass the certification course email a copy of the certification to the Wilton Flag Football Commissioner.
Any questions or concerns contact Tony Palumbo Jr at
or Linda Colgan at
. Please complete all requirements as soon as possible, to be allowed to coach this season.