ALL those who expect to be coaches or assistant coaches MUST complete the Coach Certification and Registration Process outlined below by August 12. Please be sure to save all your confirmation numbers and certificates on your desktop because you will be entering and uploading all that in step 4 on the WYF website:
1. BACKGROUND CHECK (ALL COACHES)
A background check will be part of your Coach Registration in Step 4.
2. USA FOOTBALL CERTIFICATION (ALL COACHES)
Whether you already have a USA Football account or need to create an account for the first time, use the following link to enter the site and click on COACH when prompted to choose (commissioner, coach, etc...):
3. CPR/AED AND FIRST AID CERTIFICATION (ALL COACHES)
All COACHES must have a valid certification for the 2019 season. The certification is valid for 2 years, so if you completed this last season it is still valid (CLICK HERE to see if you have a valid certification). If you need to be certified, the instructions are below:
- MOST IMPORTANT STEP! In order for your courses to be free, you must first be on the list of coaches that has been submitted to ICPRI. Send an email to Ben Luce to be sure you are on the list. ICPRI will then send you an email with a link in it to take the courses.
- CPR and First Aid (no cost). These are TWO separate courses
- Go to http://www.icpri.com/
- Username: firstnamelastname (all lowercase ie. carllenz)
- Password: firstnamelastname (all lowercase ie. carllenz)
- You will see a CPR Certification Course (for 1st time course takers) or CPR Renewal Course, as well as a 2nd Regular First Aid Course.
- Please save your certification documents to upload into your WYF Coach Registration in step 4 below
If you have a CPR certification from another source (Paramedic, etc., please take a photo of the certification and submit it through the website via the process below.)
Once you login to icpri, the directions on each page are very clear. If you should get logged out for any reason, do not go back to the form. You can simply log back in anytime by going to www.icpri.com/access. This is the main login page and if you have any problems or if you need technical support of any kind, do not contact anyone from the league. All technical support should be handled directly by International CPR Institute. Their email address is
. Their hours of technical support are 8:00 am until 10:00 pm and they will respond to you very quickly to solve any issues.
4. Register on the WYF website and enter all the above certification information. (ALL COACHES)
Here is the link to register as a coach and to enter all your certification information on the WYF website:
- When entering dates on the WYF Coach Registration, please use two digits for the year instead of four digits. (8/1/18 instead of 8/1/2018)
- If you are a parent of a player or are in the system from prior years of involvement, there is no need to re-enter all your information. Log into your profile using your email address and follow the directions on the prompts for registering/logging in. Please do not duplicate your profile.
- Please be sure your member information page includes your Date of Birth or you will not be able to register as a coach. If you do need to add your date of birth, be sure to click on "submit" and then go back to this email with the link and try again. When entering your Date of Birth in your profile, it is a four digit year (1/1/1956)
- If you no longer have access to your profile because of an email address change, please contact
if you have any questions. Thank for your completing the requirements as soon as possible but no later than August 12.